Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Study course to SAP

Q. I have roughly one-and-a-half years of post MBA (Marketing) experience in IT procurement and client servicing with a software development company (400 people) in Delhi. What will be best-suited module with regards to my present job profile: I prefer SCM-procurement (MM) or sales distribution or CRM.

I am not comfortable with programming and the other related IT skills. Please let me know whether I need to go back to the basics or not?

Now the most important aspect: the choice of learning center. As I understand it, SAP has partnered SISL and Genovate to provide education in India. A rough idea of the certification and course fees in those learning centers will help me to manage my finances.

Nirupam Bhowmik

Career advice from K Srini, human resources head-strategy of global consulting and IT services provider, Satyam Computer Services:

Hi. You can look at both SCM (MM) and CRM as options.
You might not necessarily have to go back to programming days but there would be a bit of technology learning on the module(s) that you choose.

Genovate has a 24-day certification course which costs about INR300,000 (US$7,500). As this is an approximate figure, you should check the cost directly with the provider.


More Links:

What is the future of a SAP technical/ABAP programmer?
Can a Computing graduate go into SAP?
SAP vs Oracle

Source: ZDNetAsia

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog!
Am just an year old as an ABAPer. I find this space really informative. With your kind permission, i would love to use some excerpts from this blog to talk with someone on "A Career in SAP".