Sunday, March 30, 2008

Which one to take: SAP ABAP, Oracle DBA or CCNA?

Q. I'm really confused as to which IT career I should pick. I'm choosing between SAP ABAP, Oracle DBA and CCNA (Cisco Networking Academy). I'm a computer science graduate.

I know and everybody says that it depends on what I love to do. Modesty aside, I think I can be in networking and programming. Among the three, maybe I'll consider based on which is best in terms of salary and career-wise.

Your advice and opinion is very much appreciated.

Ran Lloyd Ong

Career advice from Stella Thevarakam, regional HR director of management and technology consulting firm ISS Consulting (M):

Sounds like you are a techy type of person. As such, I would recommend you to pursue SAP ABAP training and then move on that career path.

SAP "ABAPers" are very much in demand and it pays very well (good future).

Related Links:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As like in any technology being an SAP ABAP Developer you will have to keep up with the new technologies and tools. The latest tools we use include ABAP OO, Netweaver, PI (Process Integration), Web Services, Web Dynpro, etc.

Unknown said...

I have completed my graduation in bba.i wish to join IT field.i m confused as to which IT career I should pick .i'm choosing between Oracle DBA and CCNA.